Sunday, September 17, 2017

An update

So it's been a rough couple of weeks.

 On August 30, I became, unexpectedly, unemployed.  And let me just say, that sucked.

Things are looking up now and I have to totally agree with "When one door closes, another door opens" because I've found my open door and have gone through it.  

Sadly, I didn't do a lot of stitching over the last two weeks.  My stitchy bug was chased away by the funk I found myself in.  Maybe it went on vacation with my appetite since I didn't have that either.  I lost 15 pounds which I'm totally aware isn't good.

Anyway.  I finished band 4 on Loara Standish

Then she was put away.

I pulled Beaded Dragonfly Tile back out and did make a bit of progress, mostly over a weekend.

Sea Witch came back out.

And I couldn't settle in with it.  So it was put away.

Then I decided maybe a new start would help and I pulled out a Kreinik Kit I bought at Hobby Lobby years ago, back when they actually had more than Dimensions kits.  This was probably about the time I was buying Mirabilia charts there.

I started 

 and progress my first night







3 comments:

Jo said...

so sorry about your job but I'm glad you've found an open door. Love the colours on the Beaded Dragonfly.

The Crafty Princess said...

Sorry to hear about your job loss but I hope this new opportunity is even better. Look after yourself honey, I know how stressful this time is for you. Happy to hear that your stitching can be a source of comfort. You've achieved some lovely progress on your wips.
Take care
xo Alicia

Stitching Noni said...

So sorry to hear about your job... I hope that the new door opens quickly.. it can be very stressful when you have such a dramatic life event happen!
Your WIPs look brilliant!
Hugs xx