Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Independence Day!

Happy Independence Day!

Don't forget those that made our independence possible or who continue to keep us free!

Since we had a three day weekend, I spent a few hours Sunday working on the desk for my office.  It still needs to be sanded and finished but I've got the bulk of the work done.  I just have some tweaking to do before I start sanding.


Sunday, I also found a recipe for Blackberry Whipped Honey Butter.  I don't have blackberries but I have boysenberries.

It turned out yummy!


Saturday, I finished all the flower and leaves in the middle of the second band of Chatelaine's Heritage Sampler and had to decide what color to do the personalization.  I chose the middle one.  I believe it's HDF Examplar Curly Flavell.  I'll have to double check.




I started my this section last night.  I thought I'd double checked all my counts and had everything centered vertically, but no.  For two of the letters I wrote down 10 stitches less than they actually are so out this comes.


The boys picked the boysenberry bush this morning.  I got to make jam.  Lots and lots of jam.  I only quit when I ran out of sugar.  I only froze 3 quarts plus enough to make some Boysenberry butter for mom.  So not too bad.



Later, I need to go pick some jalapenos out of the garden since we're going to be grilling some poppers and burgers tonight while everyone in town lights off fireworks.  

Stay safe out there!



1 comment:

Heather said...

Everything looks delicious and pretty :). Great job!