Monday, February 29, 2016

Medieval Octagon part 2

Last weekend was very quiet at our house.  If it hadn't been so windy, we may have tried doing something outside; but it wasn't so we stayed inside for most of the weekend.  In between loads of laundry, I worked on Medieval Octagon.  Saturday, I finished the lower right blackwork.

Yesterday afternoon, I finished the lower left.

Here is everything through part 2

After I finished this, I put it away and pulled out Loneliness of Autumn but I couldn't settle down with it.  I only managed about 150-200 stitches in about 4 hours so I gave up and read a book for the rest of the evening.  I think I'll try again tonight but if I can't get into it, I'll probably either go back to Medieval Octagon or go through my WIPs and see if anything else catches my attention.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Blackwork update

Part 2 has stitched up fairly quickly.  I did make a fairly big change in it though.  Martina charted the upper right and the lower left parts in a couple different shades of gold.  I decided I wasn't fond of that as it made the piece look kind of choppy.  So I changed the blackwork in those two sections to the same color as the upper left and bottom right.  I think the result is more cohesive, IMHO.

upper left 2/21/16

upper right 2/23/16

overall 2/23/16

I'm happy.

What are you all stitching?

Monday, February 22, 2016

Part 1

Yay!  Here's part one of Chatelaine's Medieval Octagon.

I made a good start on part 2 and finished the upper left side yesterday.  

Monday, February 15, 2016

Onto the left

Last night, I finished the bottom 1/8th of Medieval Octagon.  Before I called it a night, I outlined the last 1/8 on the left.

Friday, February 12, 2016

Bottoms up!

I've been working on the bottom of Medieval Octagon this week so you get silly post titles.  :)

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Halfway through part 1

Late last night, I finished the second side of part one of Medieval Octagon.

On my way into work this morning, I started debating with myself about continuing with this or pulling out Lonliness of Autumn. 

Friday, February 5, 2016

Side 2

I've been making steady progress on Medieval Octagon.  



I did make a couple of changes.  The vines up the side were supposed to be in WL Jade, I think.  I accidently did them in my conversion from WL Emerald.  I decided I liked my oops well enough I would leave it along and noted the change so all four sides will be the same.  I also changed those blue flowers.  They were supposed to be outlined in WL Emerald.  I wasn't excited about back stitching blue with green.  So I checked my stash and found a PTB in a dark blue.  I think it's PB08 which gave my flowers a bit of pop to go along with all the gold back stitching.  

Monday, February 1, 2016

Medieval Octagon Mandala

I started Chatelaine's Medieval Octagon after I finished Glory and Honor.  I'm stitching on 28 ct antique white Monaco.

I didn't get as far as I would have liked over the weekend, but I still made pretty good progress.  Tonight, I'm hoping to get those flowers and stems backstitched and start on the upper part of the triangle.  The oval motif comes in a later part.