Thursday, November 12, 2015

And the frog came to visit

For the last week or so, I've been working on Glory and Honor.  And making pretty good progress.  But last night I realized, it's a month and a half until the end of the year.  If I want to hit all my goals this year, I need to actually stitch on them.  So, Glory and Honor was pulled off the qsnaps and put up.  At least until Thanksgiving when I need a project for the car.  

Here's where I am now.

For some reason, I've had issues counting so there are at least three mistakes but that's what makes it unique, right?

After Glory and Honor was put away, I picked Loara back up and started working on the bits that weren't in the direct line of stitching.  That's when I realized, crap!  I goofed!

The blue on the right side should have lined up with the gold above it.  Obviously, it didn't.  This is what I get for only following part of the chart.  The chart for this band is divided into two parts.  The top part shows the entire band, the bottom part shows what stitches are supposed to be used and the color.  The probem is, it only shows the first rise and fall of the blue and what fills the inside.  I followed that part for all the rest of the band too.  Which got me this:

I'm going to keep working on this for now.  Hopefully, once I get going again, it will go quicker and I can start filling in the open spaces.

Thursday, November 5, 2015


I don't know why but this week, I just haven't been able to settle down with just one project.  

Loara is still slowly making progress

I've wound bobbins for HAED's Sea Witch who will probably become my New Year's start

and I've started Glory and Honor again, this time for me.  I dyed fabric for my sitter's and mine at the same time in 2010 and mine has been waiting for me since.  Here's the finished version.  I framed it and it went to my sitter and has hung on her wall since.

and where mine is

Last night when I got home and went to check on my chickens, I found one of them dead.  I knew she wasn't feeling herself for the last week or so because she would be in the coop roosting when I would check on them but would come out when I opened it up to check on her.  We buried her under the trees.  It makes me sad to lose one.  They're so full of personality.  We'll miss you Blondie!

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Loara, Earth Song and a new start

I'm slowly making progress on Loara.  I'm a little further than this picture from Saturday.  There's still a long way to go on this band but I am starting to get more comfortable with the stitches.

Two of the HAED groups on Facebook have a challenge running.  One is the regular HAED group and the other is the Supersize Group.  The challenge is stitching 100 stitches a week until November 28.  I figure I can manage that.  Saturday, Earth Song saw a little progress.  I'm pretty sure I added more than 100 stitches of black on that wolf.

And I started SS Daybreak.  So far that's just DMC 809 but a start is still a start and I got way more than 100 stitches done since I wanted to finish my length of thread.

Sunday, I also got all my skeins bobbined for HAED's Sea Witch which will probably end up being my New Year's start.