Friday, October 30, 2015

The Master and Loara

Thank you for all the lovely comments and welcome to my new followers!

The Master has remained out and is making some pretty good progress.





Loara Standish has come upstairs.  Band 2 is my last goal this year.  I took her off the scroll bars she's been on and am trying my q-snaps instead.  If I can keep my cats from walking across her or laying on top of her we'll be good.  

It took me a good hour last night to figure out if the bronze vertical stitches were right and to figure out how to do the blue.  Once I got started, the blue wasn't too bad but the little bit I managed last night still took a good 20 minutes.



Monday, October 26, 2015

The Master





For now, he's still out and I made a little more progress than this.  

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Lust, page 20 and The Master

Yesterday afternoon, I finished page 20 of Lust.  Finally!

After I put her away, I pulled out the Master since Yoda hasn't seen any love since 9/16/14 when I left him looking like this

Here's the progress made through this afternoon.

I've also been doing some bobbinating.

Daybreak is all kitted up and ready for a new start and I've brought HAED's Sea Witch and Unconventional XS's He Came With the Rain kits upstairs so they can be bobbinated too.

Sprinkle in some laundry and my weekend has been quietly uneventful.  Just like I like them!

Monday, October 12, 2015

Lust, continued

I was really hoping to get further on page 20 this week but life got in the way.  

My oldest son is playing 7th grade football this year.  They almost didn't have a team but managed to get enough interest from players friends that they have a very small team.  Unfortunately, several of the players haven't played football before so it's been an interesting season.  My son has had a blast.  He really likes to tackle and is very good at it.  I tell him it looks like if someone is within reach, he will take them down and it doesn't matter if they're bigger than he is or not.

My son is #41 with the red socks.

Today, my in-laws are driving up with a niece to watch him play tomorrow.  So the weekend was full of cleaning and room moving since we needed to get kid stuff out of the now guest room and into the former guest room now kid room.  I also had the "pleasure" of cleaning the main bathroom.  How can boys miss??

Lust did make some progress this week.  I'm hoping my next picture will be of a finished page 20!

The empty space on the left of the farthest stitching on this page is all DMC 154 so it shouldn't be bad.  On the right, the farthest edge of the page is just one more stitch from the right most edge of the stitching and just a few colors.  I've got my fingers crossed!  The Master and Loara want their share of attention this year!

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Finish in wood

I think it's been a long time since I shared any of my wood projects here.  I just looked and January 2013 was the last one.  I guess you could say that bug has bit hard.

My youngest son has been sleeping in our guest room since it is cooler in the basement.  Since our parents aren't getting younger, my DH and I decided we would move our son downstairs and move the guest room upstairs.  This involved my building a new bed frame since my son had a metal loft bed that I was NOT going to be moving downstairs and I have previously build my oldest son a bed frame.  Have to be equal but different you know.

So about three weeks ago, I started.  

9/19/15 - dry fitting

9/19/15-after stain

9/20/15 -starting to put it together

10/7/15-putting it all together

some support

one happy boy.

Tonight, we'll be moving the rest of his stuff in to make it his room.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Lust, page 20

I did pretty good last week on Lust.  When she was out in April, here's where I left off

Friday, I stayed home sick from work.  Here's where I started from Friday morning

and here's where I ended the weekend.  

By Sunday morning I was feeling better.  I also ground 15 pounds of pork shoulder to make breakfast sausage and put another coat of polyurethane on DS #2's bed.  Progress!