Monday, October 28, 2013

HAEDs versus everything else

Since the mojo seems to be pretty happy with HAEDs at the moment, I'm thinking about making some changes to my rotation.  I was hoping to see at least one more finish this year with Watergarden and/or Dorothy Walpole, but I really don't think that's going to happen.  My mojo goes on vacation when those two pieces come out.  I've even spent some time with some kitted Chatelaines and I'm just not feeling them.  So, I think I'm going to stick with HAEDs through the end of the year or until the mojo decides it's had enough.

I've made some great progress on Earth Song this week.  If I would have stuck with it for another night last month, I probably would have seen the second page finished them.  As it was, I finished it Thursday night.

I'm hoping to have the third (partial) page finished tonight.  At this point, I'm planning on keeping this one out through the end of the month.

At this point, I'm thinking about a couple of new starts.  They're both part of the goals challenge on the HAED BB and totally doable if I change my rotation.

First one is Nightshade by Maxine Gadd

Since I'm not going to stitch the black, my goal was to do the first two pages of the rest of the chart.

Then is Her Private Garden by Boris Vallejo.

My goal for this one is half of page one. 

My kits for both of these have been upstairs for a while now, just waiting for a start.  Maybe on the first, I'll flip a coin or just have my kids pick one for a new start.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013


So, I might have found my mojo.  At least for a little while.  It just wanted to play with Dahlig's Lust and not Watergarden or Dorothy.  I've made some great progress since last Thursday.  While I'm not going to say I'll finish this page this week, I'll be fairly likely to finish it next month.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Has anybody seen my mojo?

Stitching has been kinda hit and miss lately which is why you haven't seen any updates here.  There just hasn't been that much going on.  

So, I guess I'll start at the beginning of the month.

Watergarden was out to participate in a Chatelaine SAL.  I stitched on it until the 9th and only got another 1/8th of the border done.  Here's what it looks like now.

I've just got that last side and the beading to do.

Next out was Dorothy Walpole.  I had her out until last night about 10pm.  I really don't know what it is about those flowers.  I'm just not feeling them so they take a really long time to stitch.

Sorry about the wrinkly Dorothy, but it was after 10 and I wasn't going to go heat up the iron.

Then I pulled out Lust while I watched a PBS program on Elizabeth I.  Before I knew it, it was after midnight and I'd made some pretty decent progress.  

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September review and October goals

So, here are my September goals and how I did.

Watergarden:  Goal:  Another 3/8 of the border which is similar progress to last month.



Dorothy Walpole:  Goal:  pages 11 and 12.  


Yea.  Didn't manage a whole lot on Dorothy this month.  


And Lust.  I just want to see more progress made on her.  If I work two weeks on Watergarden again and it only takes a week and a half or so to meet my goal on Dorothy, then I'll have about a week with Lust again. 



And for something different and to prevent an attack of startitis

Earth Song



In October, I'm not going to make any firm goals.  I just want to make progress on all four of these projects.