Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The worst thing about driving...

Friday night, we left for 25 hours and 700 miles of driving excitement.  All for a car.  Can you feel my pain?  We survived and came home with this 

I guess it will be ok.  But man that car needs some work done.  Don't get me wrong, we'll do as much as we can, which is a lot, ourselves and I know this guy that does chrome, but dang!  I've also got a promise of things to change and the title is in my name so it will all work out.  One way or another.

This week I had Lust out and made some pretty decent progress.  I knew I wouldn't be able to stitch over one on 28 ct in the truck so here is where I took her off the q-snaps Friday before we left.

I tried to stitch over two on 36 ct fabric.  But the roads were really bumpy so I gave up and read a book instead.  Here's what I managed this weekend on Dorothy.  See those dozen or so stitches on the stem from the white flowers?  That's it.

Saturday, I tried over two on 28 ct with Watergarden.  Sadly, not much happened there either.

Today has been busy with an oil change, a new tire, groceries and laundry.  I haven't managed to put a single stitch into anything.  I did go through all my HAED charts and file them in a plastic filing box I bought this morning.  I have 27 different artists represented in that box.  I am NOT going to tell how many charts are in there and how many more aren't printed. Then, I filed most of the rest of my charts in another plastic box.  Found a couple that are probably going to work their way up the list.

I think part of my problem this weekend is I really don't want to stitch anything I have out right now.  So, I've pulled out HAED's Earth Song.  It was my very first HAED start and hasn't been touched for a while.  It's either that or I'm going to start something new.  I figured this was safer...for now.

Earth Song before:

Monday, September 16, 2013

3/8 to go

I didn't make the progress I wanted this month, but it's time to change projects and give this one a bit of a break.  So, I just have 3/8 of the border left and all the beading.  I'm hoping for a finish by November.

Onto Lust!

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Another Sunday update

One would think since my husband went to visit his parents Thursday morning and just returned this afternoon, I would have accomplished way more than I've managed..

So, we have before:

September 5th

And this afternoon when I moved the q-snaps.  That corner gate has taken basically all day to stitch.  Don't know why.

Sunday, September 1, 2013

How did I do on August goals and September goals

I've made some nice progress this month on my focus projects.



2.  Dorothy Walpole:  I would really like to see the 4th row of pages done in August, but that might really be pushing my ability to do, so I'm just going to say page 10.  



And #3 Lust.  I so want to make some really nice progress on her.  I only managed a whole day with her in July.  



Since I've continued to make good progress on the projects I've been focusing on, I'm going to keep working on them.

For September, I would like to accomplish the following goals:

Watergarden:  Another 3/8 of the border which is similar progress to last month.  Before:  

Dorothy Walpole:  pages 11 and 12.  Before:  

And Lust.  I just want to see more progress made on her.  If I work two weeks on Watergarden again and it only takes a week and a half or so to meet my goal on Dorothy, then I'll have about a week with Lust again.