Sunday, July 28, 2013

Dorothy page 7

Hi all!  Since I finished Summer Knotgarden, I've been stitching away on Dorothy Walpole again.  Last weekend, I finished the bargello band.  

Then it's taken me a week to do the strawberry band, all the leaves in the outside border and the strawberry band and the first two flowers.  Here's where I am right now.  

When I moved my snaps down the last time, I found a little hole.  Don't know if the fabric had it or it had help from a fur ball, but it was there.  Here's before


I made my attempt to fix it and I don't think it turned out too bad.  


Here's a picture with a little more distance.  I don't think it's too noticeable.

I'm hoping to finish this row of pages by the end of the month.  I participate in a Chatelaine SAL then and am pulling Watergarden back out.  Here's where it is right now.  


I have a little problem though.  I can't find my original chart, just my working copy and I don't have the directions.  I'm assuming the backstitch here is DMC 310?  Anyone have the chart and can help?

Thanks!



4 comments:

Ineke said...

Dorothy is beautiful with all the different bands. You fixed the hole on a way I wouldn't see it if I didn't know where to look.
The backstitches around the golden gates are all DMC 310. If you have any questions just ask. I have the file of the chart saved somewhere in a Chatelaine folder.

Sarah said...

Thanks so much Ineke!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Beautiful stitching and mending, too!

Manuela said...

Beautiful stitching.

Greetings, Manuela