Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Questions...answered

I thought I would try to answer some of the questions that have shown up in my comments.

Andrea, you can see what I converted on Frosty Knotgarden here

Julie, I start off with pulling up the website for Waterlilies or Dinky Dyes or whatever the fiber is.  Some fibers I have from kits I did purchase and can just compare.  Others, I have to look at the on screen pictures.  If the fiber looks pretty solid, I just convert to HDF from the DMC suggestion provided by Martina.  If it is varigated and I haven't converted it before, I'll do a search on the HDF forums to see if anyone has every asked for help converting that fiber.  If there's nothing there, I'll scroll through the catalog to see if there's anything that compares just by looking at the pictures or I'll ask for help in the forums.  Vikki is really great with helping with conversions as are the other members of the forum.

Joyce, my willpower is still good.  I just placed an order for the silks yesterday.  I redeemed some points off a credit card for $$ so I was waiting for them to show up.  Today, I ordered the PTB.  I'm hoping for a little time to contact the Thread Doctor later today for the NPI.  After everything gets here, willpower might be in short supply!

3 comments:

Ineke said...

I am so glad you changed the comment form! Now I can post comments again on your blog. I've seen lots of beautiful stitching in your posts ately but my Blogger/Explorer combination didn't work with the other form.
Thanks for the birthday wishes.

mdgtjulie said...

Thanks for the info. I've never converted anything (I'm not at all certain of my skills in that area) and I wondered how you did it. Lovely to have the info at hand. I'm not a major silks fan, but I may look into doing conversions on some of my other kits, since I'm so poor lately.

Joysze said...

When everything gets there.... I'll be cheering you on for a start. ;)