Monday, August 29, 2011

Purple Garden update

Page 7 of Purple Garden came off the q-snaps about 6 last night. 


Which is about the same time as my DH got home from Oklahoma.  Don't ask my why he thought he had to go.  Originally, he was going to take part of our play set down to be set up at his parents "farm".  First problem.  Dang slide was way too big to fit in the car.  Ooops!  So he went anyway.  That was ok though.  Gave us a quiet weekend.  Or as quiet as 10 8-9 year old boys could make it.  Yikes!  I don't think half of them knew how to close a door though.  This morning at the bus stop, one of the other moms told me that her son told her that I was the best mom ever.  What a compliment!
After I took Purple Garden off the q-snaps, I went looking for fabric for the Sticklounge new start.  I had pulled out Petit Sampler and looked at it and thought about it...just couldn't do it.  Don't ask me why.  I'm still debating on what color I'm think of for the new start.  I have a piece I got off e-bay last year called Chocolate from Silkweaver.  The more I think about it though, I think this will look better on a piece of plain white.  I'll have to dig through my stash some more.

So, after much deliberation, Lust came back out and I actually managed to put 100 stitches or so into it.  My goal is to at least finish page 9 and start page 10 before I move onto something else.

Andrea, in answer to your questions
Jewelweek is Jewelweed.  My fingers are dyslexic sometimes.
Gandy Dancer 1141 is actually OMG Red 1141
Wattle & Daub Premium is Wattle and Daub in premium weight.  You can find it in the drop down box for size.  I think it's the third option in the drop down box.
Custom color for Jade.  Vikki has a custom forum where people twist custom colors.  If you can get people to purchase 10 minis, Vikki will dye it.  It's cheaper to buy minis this way.  This one would cost $4.50 in the mini forum.  I did post in the main forum asking if anyone else would be interested.  I'll send you an e-mail and let you know.


5 comments:

Joysze said...

Love your Purple Garden, Sarah, and oh my!!! I'm dying to see your start on that crane piece. It's gorgeous!!!

10 8-9yr old boys???!!!! Holy moly....

Andie said...

Thanks for the clarification! :D
Gosh I know why your DH felt the need to abandon you! You are very brave taking on that many boys!! :D
The crane piece is gorgeous and I think your right it does need a plain fabric.
Purple Garden is lovely!

Lissanne said...

Your Purple Garden is beautiful!!

mdgtjulie said...

Your PG is lovely. I love the color, lol. And wow, ten boys. You rock!!! Can't wait to see your Lust update. That's the one I'm about to start in a few weeks. It's lovely!!!

Melissa said...

OMG, I love the crane piece! I'm going to have to order that chart. Great progress on Purple Garden and Lust!