Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One hundred years

I just pulled One Hundred Years by Lizzie Kate off the qsnaps with my second finish of the year.  This was a very quick stitch that was very easy to do. 

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My oldest was running a temp this morning so instead of going to work, we stayed home and I got to stitch.   I just pulled One Nation of the q snaps and it's almost half done.  Just the stars and the rest of the stripes to go.  I could probably finish this in a couple more weeks, but I need to pick something else up that doesn't have red, white or blue in it.

This weekend, it looks like we may be taking a little drive.  Originally, we were expecting Ed's sister and her boyfriend to come up for the long weekend but the weather last night kinda changed those plans.  Ed's mom called after she crawled out of their basement.  There was a tornado that dropped down about a block from their house.  Doesn't sound like their house was touched other than by debris, but after the tornado that Ed survived in '04, he's still hyper sensitive to them especially when they impact family. 

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Last weekend I finally framed this little cutie for Joshua.  I stitched one of these dragons for both boys for Christmas and Jakob's has been sitting around because the glass was broken when I opened the package.  I just had to get a replacement piece of glass, pull the old one out and pop everything back in.  Then, in the interests of keeping everything fair, I framed Josh's too.  I think he's a little cutie!

Since I finished part 5 of Winter Watergarden, I started on part 2 of Spring Knotgarden.  This is as far as I got before I started hearing the call of another piece.  It's ok though.  This one doesn't have another part come out till July 1.  This way I don't get really bored with all four repeats this month. 

I've also changed my mind on a couple of the colors I orginally converted some of the silks to.  SNC 181 Golden Pines turned out to be really close to Befrogged.  I had a little of the SNC from a previous project and was very happy with the conversion.  Most of my conversions are done from pictures on my computer screen, but it's kind of nice to have the colors in hand.  Anyway, the Befrogged is the main leaf color for this part.  The other color is the stems.  This one started out as HDF Amber Waves and you can see it in the stems and leaves around the outside of the center pond in part one.  I really didn't like this color for the stems in part 2.  I came back with a custom color from the mini forums at HDF called Cactus.  It's got some nice varigation and seems to work much better with the colors of the flowers.  I'm still debating whether to frog the stems in part one or just leave them be.

 This is what was calling.  One Nation by Bygone Stitches.  I'm slowly making progress!
 Today, I pulled some silk to do a floss toss for Lizzie Kate's One Hundred Years.  It looks like a quick stitch.  I have none of the called for colors but went with similiar HDF colors instead.  I was drawn to the Be series of colors for this one.  My conversion is
Crescent Colors/HDF
Cocoa Bean/Bemoiled
Ye Olde gold/Bewooded

Sampler Threads/HDF

And here's my floss toss.  The fabric is what was left after I cut a piece for another project.  Don't remember what color it was right now though.  Butter cream, maybe?
Now, while my little boys are at a neighbor's house playing and the bigger variety is at a friend's house, I'm going to pull One Nation back out and see how far I can get tonight...while I think about what to make for supper.  I'm sure they'll all come home hungry!


Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Heat Wave!!

Holy cow batman!  We've gone from highs in the mid 60s to this.  Can you see right under the spedometer?  Ignore the fact I was taking pictures while I was driving.  Yes this says that the temp was 101!!  In early May!!  The official temperature was only 94 but still .  YUCK!!

This is what we did for Mother's Day.  I know you probably can't tell what exactly this is, so I'll tell you.  I've got tomato plants and 4 varieties of peppers.  YUM!  Poor babies weren't happy yesterday though.  They didn't think much of the temps either.

This is my front flower bed.  For the last 6 years, we've added to it without doing much of anything else to it.  This year I raked all the mulch off it and we added lots of goodies to make the plants happy.  Here's DH adding composted manure. 

 After all that hard work, here's the result.  Pretty flower bed.
 Last night around 12:30am I finally finished the final cardinal.  I was so close that I couldn't just stop mid cardinal!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Winter Watergarden

Martina was generous enough to release part 5 of Winter Watergarden Friday.  Yay!  I worked on it off and on all weekend and finally got my little Cardinals stitched up tonight while watching the news.  I showed Jakob the enlarged chart for the cardinals and he was excited because they are the mascot for his school.

Now, onto the next corner!

Hey Joyce, I did get that frame from Michaels with a nice coupon.