Monday, September 6, 2010

Over the last couple of weeks I've had some goodies arrive in my mailbox. Thanks to the girls over at the HDF forums, showing off some of their WIPs I placed an order for some designs by Marie-Therese Saint-Aubin. The picture below is of Le vieux lilas. Lilacs are probably my favorite flower so I couldn't resist this one. I also picked up several others from the same designer. I'm thinking of stitching them as a set to hang in my dining room.
Last week I got my order from Casa Cenina. They were having a sale! I hadn't ordered from them before because the shipping was too high for me, but with the sale, the discount almost offset the shipping! Below are some charts I've been eyeing for a while.
Because I've heard so many good things about Graziano fabric I got three different cuts of that as well. I got the 28 ct (bottom cut) the 38 and 45 cts. I haven't sat down to figure out which of those two are which yet but I'm looking forward to stitching on them. I need to double check sizes but the lilacs may go on one of them.

Since I caught up Zentangle Friday, I've pulled 1900 ABC back out as my main WIP. That border is going to drive me crazy! Part of the corner medallion was stitched 3 times before I got it right and moved on.

Just for a change of pace last night, I pulled One Nation back out too. I've almost got the third strip done! Only 10 more to go!! and 40+ stars. It's a really easy stitch but I really have to watch my tension on this one. I was debating about the white too. In natural light, it really pops but inside, especially at work, it kind of blends into the fabric. I think once I get more on there it will look really nice.

Here's a close up of the stripes.

Yesterday DH and I worked on Jakob's bedroom. He cleaned up and sealed around the window so there is no air moving where it shouldn't. Then we got studs put up so we can hang drywall today. It only took one trip to get more supplies we were short on. After the drywall goes up, I'll have the joy of mudding and taping and eventually painting. Then Jakob will move into here and we'll split the "stuff" that currently resides in their room, after I go through it all and hopefully weed out stuff they have outgrown or don't play with any more. I've promised Jakob one of the desks from my office and some bookcases to store his treasures. So I have lots of projects waiting for me beyond my stitching.








No comments: