Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday's supposed to be a day of rest, right? I guess that doesn't count when it comes to work around the house. Since last Tuesday I've been busy working on the guest room we're finishing in the basement. I've been very slowly (is two years slow?) working on getting this put together. I've been sanding drywall mud for what seems like forever, but I had Ed come down Tuesday night and "approve" my work. I just didn't want him to come back and tell me I missed something (which I know I did) when he told me "good job, honey" At that point the room looked like this










Tuesday night, after work I finished sanding. Wednesday night, I put on the first base coat of paint. It's just a primer coat since the drywall just sucks it up. Thursday night I put on the first coat of actual color. Its a light brown color called suede. After work Friday, I picked up a couple of gallons of dark brown concrete for the floor. Ed isn't on board with this idea yet. But since he isn't doing the work, he doesn't have a lot of input. He still wants to put down a subfloor for basements. But if we have another plumbing problem, that stuff will leave water sitting underneath the subfloor growning all kinds of fun stuff. Yuck! I also got a gallon of really light green paint for the ceiling. Saturday, Josh and I stopped by Target and found some curtains. We got three panels so I can do a tufted upholstered headboard as soon as I get all the supplies. The idea comes from the Centsational Girl blog here and here

After the second coat of color on the walls and a coat on the ceiling, my guest room looks a lot different.












On the stitching front. I finished part one of Frosty Knotgarden. It turned out very sparkly!










After I finished this, I returned to Lust. This one is a HAED by Marta Dahlig. When I left this the last time I was just starting the last two pages. Now, I'm almost done with the top row!!








1 comment:

Ineke said...

Thanks for the link. I seem to have missed your blog completely!
You did a lot of hard working in the basement.
Lust is beautiful. Congrats on finishing the first row!