Thursday, November 16, 2017

Old European Sampler page finish

Last night I finished page 2 of Steve Rousseau's Old European Sampler.  I'm really enjoying this one with just the few colors it has and I think the conversion, especially the browns, work well together.


The Master has been using Jedi mind tricks and has made a reappearance.  I haven't worked on him at all this year and my goal is to finish the full page and partial page of this row.  Here's where I left him last year.





Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Old European Sampler update

After my finish of Santa's Sleigh I dug through my bag 'o WIPs and pulled out Old European Sampler.  Here's where I started last week.


And here is where I was last night.

I'm hoping for a page finish in the next couple of days.






Monday, November 6, 2017

Finish!

Yesterday afternoon, I finally finished the stitching on Santa's Sleigh.

I hoped to get the beading done and I managed it just after midnight.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

A little more progress

Fall must officially be here since we got some snow yesterday.  Maybe it won't feel quite so odd to be stitching something Christmas themed.

This is last night's progress on Santa's Sleigh.  I'm hoping to start beading this weekend.


Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Santa's Sleigh, an update

Fall has finally arrived.  I had to turn the heat on yesterday and we're supposed to get our first hard freeze tonight.  My DH says we're going to get whatever we plan to save out of the garden after we get home tonight.  Since I've already picked tomatoes, it shouldn't be too bad.  Just peppers to go.

I don't have much to update this time.  I'm still working on Santa's Sleigh by Nora Corbett and since my stitchy bug has made a strong reappearance, I've been making pretty good progress.

10/15/17

 10/20/17

10/22/17 

I've started on the packages since the last picture but I haven't taken another one yet.  Beading will be done after the stitching is completed.

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

It's been a bit

So some things happened which left me wondering how, why, etc.  But I don't want to go there.  

My stitching is kind of limping along right now.  I've only made a little progress in the last month.

Here's as far as I made it on Irish Chain before I got tired of dealing with the fiddly color changes with the Kreinik silk.

9/21/17

I've had Nora Corbett's Santa's Sleigh in the new start pile for a while.  Fabric is Wicked Garden from Colour Cascade Fabrics.

 9/23/17

9/24/17

 10/1/17

10/11/17



Sunday, September 17, 2017

An update

So it's been a rough couple of weeks.

 On August 30, I became, unexpectedly, unemployed.  And let me just say, that sucked.

Things are looking up now and I have to totally agree with "When one door closes, another door opens" because I've found my open door and have gone through it.  

Sadly, I didn't do a lot of stitching over the last two weeks.  My stitchy bug was chased away by the funk I found myself in.  Maybe it went on vacation with my appetite since I didn't have that either.  I lost 15 pounds which I'm totally aware isn't good.

Anyway.  I finished band 4 on Loara Standish

Then she was put away.

I pulled Beaded Dragonfly Tile back out and did make a bit of progress, mostly over a weekend.

Sea Witch came back out.

And I couldn't settle in with it.  So it was put away.

Then I decided maybe a new start would help and I pulled out a Kreinik Kit I bought at Hobby Lobby years ago, back when they actually had more than Dimensions kits.  This was probably about the time I was buying Mirabilia charts there.

I started 

 and progress my first night